As with other non-immigrant U.S. visas, a B-1/B-2 visa has a validity period (from 1 month to 10 years), allows for one, two or multiple entries into the U.S., and elicits a period of stay (maximum 6 months) recorded by the Customs and Border Protection officer at the port of entry on the individual’s form I-94.


  1. USA is liberal in giving long duration visa of 10 years validity. This is normally in B1/B2 category.
  2. There is no gaurantee that the visa will be for 10 years, the decision is not controlled by your choice, it could be less also. But as i said earlier usually it’s for 10 years. If the councillor is convinced with your visa application then it’s usually for 10 years.
  3. For USA visa application there is no specific category for applying for 10 year duration. Unlike UK visa where you can choose which visa you want and you can pay a higher feee for longer duration visa.
  4. The fee for usa visa is 160$ it’s a standard feee for their most of the visa category. After you apply based on your application the visa councillor will decide how much duration visa to grant you. It could be 10′days or 3 months or 6 months. or 1 year or 5 years or 10 years ( usually when you apply for very specific plan like musical event, dance event , seminar, conference then there are chances that they will very specific time periods limited visa.
  5. Infact in certain case they can even restrict you to certain area of the usa. ( like visa annotation will have a remark for only California or New York or Chicago. )